Openness, trust, honesty and transparency are four words that help ensure all relationships stay healthy. We also want to stay a healthy church. Our policies more than technical requirements, they are about making our place safe for you and your family, and for your friends and visitors.
This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, whether this is online, in person or via phone, mobile, email, letter or other correspondence or printed form, and personal information about you that we may obtain from third parties.
Compliance with the current data protection legislation underlies everything we do when it comes to handling your information.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Stour Valley Vineyard Church is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The trustees of Stour Valley Vineyard Church comply with their obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing it securely; by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data ; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and. by destroying it securely when the data is no longer being retained.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in the particulargeographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of Stour Valley Vineyard Church;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aidapplications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Stour Valley Vineyard andother national, regional or area Vineyard events;